Holiday Lotion Making Kit – Make Your Own Shea Butter Cream!
Quick & fairly easy to make, this kit will supply you with all the ingredients needed to make all-natural, shea butter lotion with a wonderful creamy texture … and even better, this lotion is GOOD for your skin!
People love to receive handmade goods as stocking stuffers or Christmas gifts. With this kit you would be able to “check off” a bunch of gifts with only a small investment of time and effort. Our kits also make a fun craft to do with children during their holiday break.
This Holiday Lotion Making Kit – Make Your Own Shea Butter Cream includes:
- 1 Pound Shea Butter, Unrefined
- 8 oz. Citric Acid
- 8 oz. Glycerin (veggie based)
- 8 oz. Stearic Acid (veggie based)
- 8 oz. Emulsifying Wax
- 1 oz. Linatural (a non-formaldehyde donor preservative that is naturally derived)
- 1 oz. Gardenia Fragrance Oil
- 1 oz. Christmas Tree Fragrance Oil
- 1 oz. Grandma’s Apple Pie Fragrance Oil
- 1 oz. Pumpkin Pie Fragrance Oil
- 0.5 oz. Iodopher Sanitizer
- (5) 2 oz. green semi see-thru bottles with black flip back dispensing lids
- (5) 4 oz. green semi see-thru bottles with black flip back dispensing lids
- Recipe with instructions for making shea butter lotion
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING THIS KIT: To use this kit efficiently you will need a good digital kitchen or food weighing scale that weighs down to the .1 ounce and that has a “tare” function.
You will also need some sort of a blending tool. The best one we can recommend is often called: drink blender, blending stick, stick blender, emulsion blender, etc. They are available at any store that is comparable to Wal Mart. You don’t need this tool per say, but you do need a stirring aide (like a hand mixer or blender) and this type of tool makes the absolute best types of lotions. Hand stirring a kit together, really isn’t an option.
Lastly, while the kit is shipping to you – pick up a gallon of distilled water from any grocery store. Make sure it reads “distilled” on the label, it will help your lotion last much longer. You really cannot use tap water and have your lotion last very long on the shelf.
The amount of supplies in this kit will make approximately 130 oz. of lotion (or 3 batches based on the recipe provided). As a bonus, you will have some ingredients left over which can easily be used in other lotion recipes found online or create your own!
To view other handmade bases we offer click here.