We manufacture our essential waters, such as our Litsea Cubeba EO Water, with the formulator in mind. Purposefully designed as an unfinished product, EO waters act as a scented ingredient to add soaps, lotions, or other cosmetic recipes.
For the most part, our essential waters are clear to nearly transparent, which is a benefit for those recipes where your finished product needs that type of presentation.
Customers often ask us the difference between our essential waters and our hydrosol waters. Here’s the breakdown:
- Compared to the shelf life of hydrosol waters, EO Waters hold a slightly longer shelf life.
- EO Waters are significantly cheaper per pound than hydrosol waters.
- The scent of essential oil often smells truer in EO Waters than hydrosol waters.
- EO Waters are not a finished product. They are concentrated and should be diluted into formulations. Hydrosol waters are mild and can be applied directly to the skin.
- Hydrosol waters are organically certified, whereas our EO waters are not.
- EO Waters are not steam distilled, but hydrosol waters are.
Litsea cubeba is from the lemongrass family, though this water smells much more “orange” than lemon. The scent reminds me of marmalade. One of the best benefits of Litsea Cubeba EO Water is its capacity to assist with acne-related issues. It is a naturally occurring antiseptic, holding the ability to cleanse the skin from bacteria.
INCI: water, decyl glucoside, (and) litsea cubeba essential water.
External Use Only.
Replace all or part of your formulation’s water content with this ingredient. If you find your finished product is too strong, add more water or other water-soluble ingredients (like aloe vera juice).
Cosmocil CQ Addition:
If you would like an optional preservative added to your water, please first select your bottle size, then using the pulldown menu, select “yes” under Add Cosmocil CQ. A fee will be added to your base cost.
If you would like more information on Cosmocil CQ, please visit this link.
|Pack Size||Approx. Product Weight|
|1/2 gallon||4.5 lbs.|
|1 Gallon||8.5 lbs.|
|5 Gallon||40 lbs.|
|Sold By||Fluid oz. (Volume)|