This coarse grain salt is gleaned from the Dead Sea and is reported to contain high amounts of natural minerals that are beneficial to the body.
A few of the main components are:
- Sodium chloride (assists with lymphatic fluid balance)
- Magnesium (combats stress by slowing the nervous system)
- Potassium (energizes the body and balances skin moisture)
- Calcium chloride (increases circulation and prevents water retention)
- Bromides (eases muscle stiffness)
This salt can be used in body scrubs or use as-is for a relaxing bath.
Try this recipe!
- 1/2 cup dried buttermilk powder
- 1 cup dead sea salts (either fine grain or coarse)
- 3 Tablespoons white kaolin, french green, french red or pink clay.
- 10 drops essential oils of your choice (or none at all for an unscented bath experience)
Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the essentials oils (if using) and stir very well. Add to rushing water and soak your pains away!
INCI: Maris sal (dead sea) mineral salt
Please note that naturally occurring salt cannot be “certified organic” in the USA. The term “organic” is reserved for items that are grown in a field under organic supervision. Our natural sea salts are 100% pure, but since it doesn’t meet the FDA’s requirement of being field grown, its not certifiable. If it were possible, we would have this item marked as organic. It can, however be sold as 100% natural.